dimanche 13 mars 2011

Online travel deals not as sweet as you think!

With internet, consumers are always searching for the best opportunities.
The article aware us about the possible trick that can be found when you are visiting their page and when you want to book a travel.


"Travel sites can track your searches. We checked a flight twice on Safari and once on Firefox. And what we learned is that if you check a flight more than once, the cheapest fare can disappear," Freeman said.


I had the same problem to book a flight to go to Copenhaguen. We all know that today, the prices of flights can change every second. 
And when I checked the price for the first time, this one was at 150€. After that I checked 4 times during the day and it increases at the end of the day at 200€.
I waited one week checking every day a possible decrease of the price but it never happened. Finally I bought it at 224€.


My surprise was when I came back on the website 2 weeks after the deal, to find it at 150€ on an other computer.


Be aware of that! 
I am not saying that this is always like that, but the article demonstrates what happened to me.  


Article is here

1 commentaire:

  1. I had the same problem on voyagessncf.com when I booked a train ticket. But in my case, I only checked one time a ticket, then a problem happened on the page and when I did it a second time, my ticket was more expensive. Many sites deal with that way and we have to be careful and try some tricks to get out off it.

    RépondreSupprimer